Saturday 8 October 2011

Advice on technique for shoulders and back

    Read an article which changed the movement and technique i now use for the dumbell shoulder press. Most people start the dumbell shoulder press with their palms facing away from their body and extend the movement upwards keeping their palms facing away from their body. The movement i now use is were i start the dumbell shoulder press with my palms facing towards my body and as i extend the movement to the top i turn my palms so their facing away from my body.This movement felt more natural to me and helped me make some great gains on my shoulders and was apparently one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's favourite shoulder exercises.
             Another great exercise for me was to change the grip when doing barbell rows. When i first started i did the exercise with my palms facing towards my body, i now do the exercise with my palms facing away from the body and pull the barbell into my waist which gives my back that squeeze feeling. Your focus should be on form and control rather than how heavy your lifting. Really started noticing massive gains on my back when doing this exercise along with close-grip pull downs.           
                                     
                                                              Rob from Leicester

No comments:

Post a Comment

GET INVOLVED

Post your answers to one or both of these questions:-

1. Whats the best piece of advice you've received since you started bodybuilding? Wether it be from a book,a training partner or just someone in the gym.

2. Whats the biggest bodybuilding mistake you've made since you started?

After your answers have been checked over they will be posted on bodybuildersbody.blogspot.com